Monday, July 30, 2007

Face book Graffiti Paintings

Face book's Graffiti is an add-on tool for painting...its very primitive almost like mspaint, u dont have layers...u only have one round brush and limited colors and u can only change brush size and opacity....the great thing about it is that it forces u to stay loose and it is very similar to real painting in a sense that the colors r limited so i have to really use my eyes and opacity wisely.


This one is painted just after i set myself free from a love i thought was never mine, shortly later i realized i was wrong, and ironicly by giving in to love i was truly set free of my fear of losing it:)
this one is very special to me...its a dream i had about hiding a baby whale in my basement! i like to paint my dreams as i see them :)

its a portrait of this beautiful girl i know her name is Amira

this one is very special too...a couple of weeks ago i had a daydream of a color festival in a market place in India where the locals were throwing color powder in the air and music played and people singing i was running around in joy till i tripped and almost fell thats when i woke up:)
this in Anroob the lonely snow bunny
my very first graffiti...all the other graffities r arranged in the order of their creation

3 comments:

Sarah Rifaat said...

I like your style - simple yet very intimate cause there's a personal story behind each one. Also I love your use of color!

big big girl...in a big big world said...

wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

really wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Anonymous said...

Man I love the painting with the boy hiding the baby whale in his apartment. Seriously its breathtakingly cute.

Childhood innocence is what comes to mind. I LOVE it!