Monday, July 30, 2007

The first falling rain drop of December

I slowly open my eyes to the serene sound of
water splashing over my aching back, trying to
enjoy the ticklish sensation of the cold water drops
running over my shivering lips.
i gaze at my wrinkled finger tips and realize i've been sitting here for quite a while...thinking or trying to think, waiting for answers to questions
i was too scared to ask, or perhaps trying to wait so I can
finally let my unanswered questions run down my body with the cold water.


I know she waited for days and days with all the new wonders
she brought me for the day..but i wasnt there like i used to be,
it must have been so cold that time of year, i can almost see her small body
shivering as she waited and
waited some more as excitement was blown out of her innocent doe eyes, replaced with confusion and despair.

she knew she shouldnt wait any longer she knew that
the wonders she brought should everyday be admired and shared with others...others that would stop and take the time
to let themselves be amazed by the simple wonders she brings.

wonders that make us feel so small and powerless when they gently wipe the arrogant dust off our innocence to give us a glimpse of our vulnerabilities, dreams and the true essence of who we are that we hide from the world and even ourselves, and they leave us with an overwhelming feeling of peace so pure we can almost see through it and feel it contain us like a mother's womb.


she slowly turned around and walked away with the first
falling rain drop of December, she turned around and walked away knowing she will miss me, turned around and walked away knowing that the first falling rain drop of December was not falling from the cloudy sky...it was falling from her eye, an eye that never shed a tear before.

and here I am curled up in fear and regret, trying to find my way back to her, trying to make a connection through the cold and the pain, maybe she'll forgive me when she knows I've been waiting too..wet, cold and alone.

3 comments:

mmesh said...

i have read your short story and i realy like it so much .yet ,there are some mysterious things.you didnt mention anything about this girl or the boy .they are portrayed as first person narrated .otherwise it is a very romantice piece of literature .the final picture play anaffective role in this story .it makes the reader visualize the whole plece with its wormth and cold

Ayman Alagouza said...

im so glad u saw it with your own eyes, one might call it being mysterious but i rather leave the reader some space to put a bit of himself into what he/she reads, and by the way..the girl is innocence and the boy is life.

Yara Fahmy said...

then innocence awaits life that never shows up..but ppl just don't give her a break..he doesn't get to her, not cuz he doesn't want to, but cuz he couldn't... now i've to pop the mood bubble u've put me into just to tell u how much i loved yr angle =)